Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Divergent Series



Can we just start this by pausing to give Veronica Roth a 'round of applause'......
I am sooooo in love with the Divergent Series!!!! When I first heard about it, I like everyone else, thought "great a Hunger Games wanna be." I stand corrected!!! Yes, they are both set in the future, but they are seriously so different!!!

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but these books are intense! I know they are YA (young adult), but I know people in their 40's that love the series. Roth does a great job relating to all ages and it is written beautifully.

The heroine is named Tris (short for Beatrice), and she is so stinking awesome! I love how strong she is and how much went into writing her thought processes in situations. It made Tris relate-able, even when some of the things she does is so out there.

Now...the hero...Tobias. He is amazing. That is all i am saying.

These were so good! Go pick them up and lock yourself in your room for the weekend with some tissues.

You will laugh, cry, yell, and be rendered in suspense. Even if you don't do these things out loud, you will be doing them inside.

Well that is all! Love your beautiful faces!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment